Quik Trade Review: HHH for Rauno Palo + 1st

Matt_O

Recently Vancouver made a huge splash by acquiring the S66 first overall pick Hunter Hearst Helmsley. They had to give up last seasons MVP in Rauno Palo, as well as a first round pick, in order to secure HHH's talents. HHH has struggled to begin his career, with a decent rookie year, and then a decent sophomore season. He is playing better this season, and has picked up his pace after the trade, but still is underachieving.

Palo, on the other hand, had four straight mediocre seasons before breaking out in S66 with 83 points. He followed it up with a 110 point campaign, taking home multiple awards. This season he had a really strong start to the year and has kept that up, but is only on pace for 100 points this year. Matt Thompson is likely to lead the league in points this year.

Who won the trade? It really depends on HHH's production. TPE totals or not, if HHH can't play at the level he should be playing, Riga comes away the winner of this trade. They get one and a half years of a superstar, and a first round pick in the S69 draft, which has a handful of elite returning members. If HHH caps out with 80 points per season in his prime, Riga can walk away the winners of the deal, as long as their first round pick isn't a bust.

Here's a "movie detail" moment:

As we all know, the forum autocorrects a certain synonym for "fast" to "quik."

HOWEVER, it is always autocorrected to "quik," even if the word in question begins with an uppercase Q. I shall demonstrate by typing the word in this manner here and watching as it autocorrects as foretold by the prophecy: quik

The title of this article, though, begins with "Quik," with an uppercase Q. Therefore, we can deduce that @Matt_O understood the specifics of said autocorrection, and typed "Quik" as it is, without absentmindedly spelling the word correctly and seeing it change.

4 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

HOWEVER, it is always autocorrected to "quik," even if the word in question begins with an uppercase Q. I shall demonstrate by typing the word in this manner here and watching as it autocorrects as foretold by the prophecy: quik

The title of this article, though, begins with "Quik," with an uppercase Q. Therefore, we can deduce that @Matt_O understood the specifics of said autocorrection, and typed "Quik" as it is, without absentmindedly spelling the word correctly and seeing it change.

I appreciate the write up, but I in fact wrote quik correctly and it autocorrected

3 minutes ago, Matt_O said:

I appreciate the write up, but I in fact wrote quik correctly and it autocorrected

I refuse to believe it--above I wrote it with an uppercase Q and it autocorrected to lowercase. Unless it's different in titles.

16 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

I usually just write Quik, anyways