Game 252 - Season 27

jRuutu

It's hard to find players that have a real connection, players who make each other better and are truly a nightmare to play against because of that. We saw an example of that in season 27 when Iron Eagles played against Calgary, Iron Eagles center Lasse Milo scored 6 goals with 2 assists, winger Tukka Rekkinen had 2 goals and 6 assists. Where it gets interesting is that every assist was a primary assist, the duo killed the game on their own, loads of goals and points, both had 13 shots, the game ended 8-1 for Iron Eagles.

In Season 27 Iron Eagles failed to make the playoffs, ´only´ 35 wins from 72 games. Reikkinen scored 78 goals and had 74 assists in 72 games - the most goals and points in the whole league, Milo had 67 goals and 80 assists, that assist total was the highest in the league. How much third-best player in Iron Eagles team scored? 62 points.

Crazy to think the team missed out of playoffs with a duo like that in the roster, but hockey is a tough sport sometimes, need to have depth behind the elite players if you want to have a realistic chance on winning the cup.

I grabbed the metrics for this game from my spreadsheet, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ld2ZxzYsO9mwXXMeOjz-A7hcekoK19l773q4qD2kKDI/edit?usp=sharing

The Iron Eagles didn't dominate as much as you would expect for an 8-1 final.

TeamName Opponent GameNumber CorsiFor CorsiAgainst Corsi CorsiForPct FenwickFor FenwickAgainst Fenwick FenwickForPct PDO
Iron Eagles Wranglers 252 93 74 19 55.69 86 58 28 59.72 112.463

15 hours ago, DMaximus said:

I grabbed the metrics for this game from my spreadsheet, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ld2ZxzYsO9mwXXMeOjz-A7hcekoK19l773q4qD2kKDI/edit?usp=sharing

The Iron Eagles didn't dominate as much as you would expect for an 8-1 final.

TeamName Opponent GameNumber CorsiFor CorsiAgainst Corsi CorsiForPct FenwickFor FenwickAgainst Fenwick FenwickForPct PDO
Iron Eagles Wranglers 252 93 74 19 55.69 86 58 28 59.72 112.463

Milo and Reikkinen was insane that year ? Nothing but net