random quote #44

hedgehog337

aka yet another history related article. I guess.

I remember a reason why I actually joined this league. It definitely wasn't an affiliate topic in SHL or any other league. It was @Viedais who mentioned about this league in LSHL league Skype. He was laughing about this league having a USSR team (idek if this was even true). So I decided to check out this site and see what's up. I ended up joining this league and so on.

So apparently I wasn't the first Latvian who joined this league. I know @Paramorise had Pettyfer one draft before Zeptenbergs. I think @Prikulis5 also had a player back in mid 30's and he actually played till the auto retirement. He didn't have much TPE (I guess somewhere 250-270 TPE), but I guess that was enough to be a decent bottom six forward or fourth-fifth D in the VHL. Probably there were other Latvians before me as well. @Maus maybe too.

So yeah, while I could be considered as one of the popular sim league member from Latvia, I was definitely not the first even in this league.

That's it and I'm out

2 TPE to Randoms

• Admin
13 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

He was laughing about this league having a USSR team (idek if this was even true).

Damn right it was. One of the things no one mentions when reminiscing about Scotty for some reason.

• Commissioner
20 minutes ago, flyersfan1453 said:

We had an actual USSR team?

I believe in the WC we did early on but never as a VHL team.