Impressions of the VHL After One Season

Ricer13

I joined the VHL after I had heard about it through an add from a local hockey podcast I listen to. I’ve always been a bit of a hockey nerd so I though it sounded like a cool idea.

It is very easy to join and create your player but after that  it winds up being very confusing. I didn’t know when I would be drafted or how to build my player. It was tough to figure out the way the league works and what you need to do to succeed. It is also tough for people like myself who have no idea how to write articles or are comfortable putting podcasts out there. Needless to say I struggled at first. 

What helped me the most was after being drafted I had a good group of people to talk with and ask questions. The Hounds locker room really helped with navigate through the site and helped me learn the ropes of being a part of this league. Because of them I’ll be playing this game  for the foreseeable future.

Ps. Doing reviews takes longer than writing media spots. They should be worth more than 2 TPE. 

word count: 196

On 11/3/2019 at 9:53 PM, Krice13 said:

I had a good group of people to talk with and ask questions.

Hey, if there's anything you ever need help with just ask around the discord or the forum. There are dozens of helpful minds online every day that have helped myself and many others find our way. Whether you want to be a bit more casual in your posting or all out like many members that post multiple times daily, there's a place for everyone... barring a rare few exceptions. Hope to see you around.