Wright Laser-Focused on Upcoming Season

73MPL4R

While some of his teammates were indulging in golf and parties or celebrating the draft with their new teams, Yukon Rush centerman and Malmo Nighthawks prospect Nate Wright has been hard at work both in the gym and the practice ice. The young skater has already seen one Founder's Cup slip through his fingers and is determined not to allow that to happen again.

"Yeah, I did good last season, but good isn't good enough. We're not gonna have Buster's star power in net anymore, so it's time I learn to make some [expletive] happen instead of relying too much on the goalie."

Wright is entering his third season as a member of the Rush, having been traded there from Mexico City. During that time he had been drafted 41st overall the S68 VHL draft by the Nighthawks before being chosen 23rd overall by the Rush in the VHLM draft. Although he has enjoyed his time in Yukon, Wright is ready to make the next step.

"I want to get Malmo's attention. I'm gonna keep grinding as hard as I can this season and hopefully by the end they'll see enough potential in me to call me up."

Wright declined to comment any further, giving a small salute before skating onto the practice ice once more.

(216 words)