Michael Johnson on Offseason

fonziGG

Kevin Abstract What GIF by BROCKHAMPTON

11/17/2019:

Waddup? It's been a while. I don't even remember the last journal I wrote to be completely honest with you. Lots has happened in this time. I'm not even sure how to update ya. Well, I signed an extension with Malmo. I'll most likely be here for the rest of my career. I'm excited about this to be honest. I know my career will benefit mostly by being on this team. We have such a positive team and a very happy squad coming along. We've also started slow recently but I've been playing out of my mind. Literally had a unsustainable stat line for the first few games of the season. The rest of the team is adjusting to the loss of what was Matt Thompson. Granted, we've brought in some fantastic reinforcements to the team with McWolf, Rodriguez and Davis. We're in the middle of finding our groove for this team and I think it explains why we've had such a wishy washy start. We've been working on our play in our daily practices and I see big changes coming to our on ice performances soon. We've also been putting in a few extra sessions daily considering its early in the season and we all want to get back to full condition!

A funny thing to note, just until this season, I'd been considering myself as one of the young players on the squad. This season, however, I've felt a major change to that. I've been considering myself a leader around the locker room. I have some experience in the room and I know my way around the league now, it's easy for myself to help navigate the younger players around and advice them. We've been working on creating a great atmosphere here in Malmo and my intention is to make it an awesome place to play for younger players. I know we have a strong core of great young guys coming into the league next season and I'd like to see even more growth in the sport. Having a strong locker room is hard work and I genuinely believe that each GM in the league has been working on that every single day to create a winning atmosphere within their team. All of this will help the sport grow continuously, in my opinion, and is an integral part of each teams success. 

Anyways, the other day I was thinking about how to change my lifestyle in order to improve on a daily basis. So previously, I made some huge changes to my health and I'm now just seeing the benefits. So I figured, I'd try some new healthy things in order to push my career forward in the later years. I adopted a schedule that's picked up my play and pushed my body to the next level. This season, I genuinely believe it will be my time to shine. I'm excited to see the future and how the team will play. Lets make history!

Michael Johnson