Vancouver Wolves Continue to Roll

JeffD

Vancouver Wolves Continue to Roll

Vancouver, British Columbia - The Vancouver Wolves have been at or near the top of the standings for the entire season thus far. At the start they were battling with Helsinki and now the battle has begun to heat up between the Wolves and the now second place, and rival, Seattle Bears. Currently the Wolves sit at a league leading 69 points through 49 games and the Bears are three points behind at 66.

When asked about his team's recent success, defender Jeff Downey had the following to say:

'This season has been great so far. After a struggle in my first year we are clicking on all cylinders and it doesn't look like anything is going to stop us. The additions of HHH and ACL TEAR have made for an incredibly balanced offensive attack and the pairing of Philliefan and Starload may be the best in the entire league. I'm still not completely happy with where my level of play is at offensively but I am willing to make the sacrifices required to keep this team winning.'

It looks like the battle for the North American conference could continue to heat up going forward. The Bears are on a big time hot streak and have blazed up the standings while the Wolves have been playing at a fairly consistent pace for the whole season.