A hard fought series

ROOKIE745

The final seconds ticked down and the horn sounded. Halifax had lost in 5 games to the Saskatoon Wild. Hextall stood at his net as he watched the Wild bench erupt and all spill on to the ice to hug their goalie Jacques Lafontaine. Hextall couldn't help but feel like he could've stopped more shots but knew he, and his team gave it their all. Hextall's team, the 21st came over and Thomas Landry gave him a pat on the back, "You did good Hexxy". The comment broke Hextall from his thoughts and all his other teammates thanked him for giving the team a fighting chance.

In the 5 game series against the Wild, Jaxx Hextall faced a total 219 shots, averaging out to 43.8 shots faced per game, and saving 192 of them. In 4 of the 5 games he faced over 40 shots, in one of them he faced 53. The one game the team won was game 4 where Hextall made 20 saves on 22 shots, and the only time the team outshot the Wild. A clutch performance by the team to avoid being swept.

The 2 teams got into lines to begin the handshakes, showing sportsmanship for the sight each team put up. Hextall got into his team's line at the very back, and showed his sportsmanship, shaking everyone's hand telling them a job well done. "Thanks for the great series Jaxs, your a great goaltender. I know we'll have some great battles in the VHL" Jacques said to him. Hextall nodded back at him "I look forward to it". Hextall and Jacques are the top 2 goalies in the S70 draft, Jacques being at number 5 and Hextall at number 10 when the series between their two teams ended. 

After all the handshakes were over Hextall skated over to a reporter who had just finished talking to Landry. "That was a fantastic series between your 2 teams, and between you and Jacques. A great first playoff's for you, how are you feeling after this emotional loss?" the reporter asked. "Well there's no way to sugar coat it other then it just sucks, you always come to the playoffs hoping to win but you know there's gonna be tough opponents and the Wild are a team loaded with talent" Hextall responded. "Well it was a lot of fun seeing you guys out here, will you always remember this first playoff run in your career?" the reporter asked. "Of course, the first time is always special, and I think I'll always remember this from all the bruises I got from every shot I blocked" Hextall chuckled. The reporter laughed "Indeed, well we wish you the best and hope to see you back in the playoffs next year!". "Me to" Hextall left after his final comment and went off the ice, hearing the crowd applause him and his team.

Edited by ROOKIE745