Jaxx Hextall's childhood idols, hobbies, and draft thoughts

ROOKIE745

VSN reporter: So growing up did you watch the VHL? any favorite teams or idols?

Hextall: Oh for sure, growing up I heard about about how my grandpa was a goalie in the NHL, of course I never saw him play during his career. I know he was quite the guy on the ice and just learning about him got me interested in the goalie position. I was watching hockey before that, we are Canadian and hockey is just the sport to watch here. In terms of idols Norris Stopko and Markus King were 2 goalies I just loved to watch, never a dull game with them in net. As for a favorite team, well growing up I watched the Toronto Legion the most, when the nighthawks came into the league in S66 I watched them quite a bit to.

VSN reporter: The draft is only a few days away, how are you feeling about where you are in the draft list? We know you've been working very hard in the off season and being in the top 10 is no easy task.

Hextall: Yea I'm looking forward to it, hard not to feel a little nervous about it. And any draftee that wants to make it to the VHL is gonna work hard for it, I've been working really hard because of how the playoffs went for me and my team, you always feel like you could have done more and next time I want to do more, make more saves.

VSN reporter: Your definitely very competitive, outside of the VHL what are your hobbies?

Hextall: Well like any teen my age I play videos games fairly often, and while I don't get much of a chance to do it I like to go snowboarding as well. History was always one of my favorite subjects in school and I always spend some time to research more about the past, right now I've been learning about world war 1.

VSN reporter: sounds interesting. Lastly your fellow teammate, Thomas Landry the 2nd has been spending time catching pokemon in the discord chat, any thoughts?

Hextall: ..... It needs to stop....... just stop it.