Uhtred's thoughts and plans as his first season ends with a championship

leafsman

Uhtred finished his first season in the VHLM as a founders cup champion with the Saskatoon Wild.   Although he was just a role player on a stacked team with stars like Edwin the Encarnacion and Danny DeYetto he still made some contributions to the team.   Uhtred scored 4 goals during the playoffs but half of those were game winners.   

Uhtred joined the wild as a free agent midway through the season.   He played 24 games during the regular season posting up 8 goals and 4 assists for a 0.5 ppg.  He continued to work on his game throughout the year and come playoff time his production ballooned to 4 goals and 7 assists in 14 games to up his points per game on the playoffs to  0.785. Uhtred's most proud moment of the playoffs was scoring the game winner after getting his ass handed to him in a fight the previous game. "getting my ass kicked in that game was embarrassing, no one wants to be beaten up in front of the world.   Scoring the game winner the following game was a great way to atone for that moment said uhtred. 

Now that season one of Uhtred's career is over he is now looking forward to finding out where he will be playing in the VHLM next season.   "I love the guys we have here in Saskatoon and wish I could return to the team next year but I'll be happy and give whoever drafts me the complete effort that helped make this season a success.  I knew when signing as a free agent that it would be the last time for awhile that I got to choose where I wanted to play. I hope to have a successful season next year that will end in a dream come true in being drafted for the VHL.   Since I have no control over the quality of the team I play for for awhile now I knew I wanted to sign with a contender last season. As soon as the wild made me an offer I didn't hesitate and immediately told them I'm in. I was willing to play a small role to win the founders cup as you never know how many chances you'll get in your career.   There are players who go a whole career without even a finals appearance let one a championship. There are elite players in sports around the world who don't get to taste the sweetness of a championship. I am over the moon to have done that this year. I hope this is the beginning of many appearances but I know that it may not happen and I'm just enjoying being a champion now. 

Uhtred will now return back to Bebbanburg to recoprate and train for the next season.  He plans to unwind and catchup with some friends he hasn't seen for a while before starting his training regime.  I am going to incorporate some training techniques used by knights for hundreds of years at the castle. I love playing hockey but Uhtred's have been warriors for centuries and this is just one way I can connect with my ancestors.