Landry II Ready For New Season

Doomsday

Landry II Ready For New Season

sdpn-san-diego-gulls-players-take-sh-201

SAN DIEGO - For Thomas Landry II, his VHL career has been centered around goals and milestones. As soon as he was finished absorbing the Halifax 21st's defeat in the VHLM Playoffs, his focus shifted towards preparing himself for the VHLM Dispersal Draft. After being selected by the San Diego Marlins with the ninth overall pick of the draft, Landry II's focus again shifted towards another goal: being ready for the upcoming season.

"I can't wait for the season to start," said Landry II after a recent practice with San Diego. "We've got a really strong team here in San Diego this season and as a first round pick, there are some high expectations being placed upon me. However, my entire career has been about preparing and being ready for the next challenge, and I'm ready for the new season. I wish it was starting tomorrow, to be perfectly honest."

sd-1489003385-s7ktbld35q-snap-photo

While no lines have been officially posted by the Marlins, Landry II's high draft position and status as the left wing with the highest TPE on the team have many VHLM experts expecting that he will play on the first line. During his time with Halifax, Landry II was a second liner and generally did not get much playing time on special teams, something many expect to change for him this season. For a young prospect looking to show that he belongs in the VHL, these added opportunities would go a long way. 

"I'm not entirely sure exactly what my role will be just yet," continued Landry II. "But I do know that all of my hard work has me ready to take on any assignment that San Diego throws at me. It's going to be entirely on me to prove that I'm ready to handle anything and justify my selection in the VHLM Draft. This is going to be a very important season for me in many ways, and it's entirely in my hands now for how it will all go. I'm confident that this team will do great things this season and that I can be a big part of that success."

Jethro Novacek has been a writer for the MSFL Times since the glorious invention of sliced bread. He enjoys Discord shenanigans, the healing magic of O'Keefe's Working Hands Hand Cream and the humanitarian sprit of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.