Killinger arrives in Houston.

Peace

HOUSTON, TEXAS -- Erik Killinger has finally arrived in Houston after a lengthy legal process of acquiring the proper papers to earn a living in the VHLM out of the United States of America. Lots of forms, lots of documents, the proper visa's and passport information from Canada has all been filed, approved, and the flight left Saskatoon in the morning. The Bull's equipment manager picked him up from the airport to help transport his gear from the George Bush International Airport to the rink, where they were greeted by a few reporters as they made their way through the arena. The Fan 590 got an opportunity to get a short but exclusive interview with the first overall draft pick. 

We asked how the flight was and got the typical 'it was alright' response most people give. It's kinda true, nothing fantastic happens on a plane, certainly nothing worth while enough to share a story about... unless of course you're in a plane that is eventually made a movie of, or the wrong side of a Reddit post on r/entitled or something like that. He did add 'it was a long one' shortly after though, and explained his hold overs at other airports. It wasn't a direct flight to Houston, he made three stops on the way and transferred planes once. 

We only had a few minutes with Killinger, so we simply asked him if he was excited to join the Houston Bulls. 

"Absolutely," Killinger smirked. "I spoke with Mr. Frost earlier before the draft and knew I would be getting selected with the first pick, their first pick, and was pretty excited at the time to be selected by Houston. I think most of that excitement is gone, and now I'm ready to work hard and bring Houston the hardware they drafted me for. He (Frost) told me a few of his plans, so I think Houston has a real shot at claiming the championship this season."