Ricky Johnson on new season

Midnite

The D.C. Dragons are now 11 games into the new season with a W-L record of 5-6. Their most recent game resulted in a 1-3 loss to the Vancouver Wolves where the only highlight of that game for the Dragons was in the 1st period where Ricky Johnson scored his first VHL goal of the new season. After the game, Johnson sat with reporters in the D.C locker room where he was asked how he felt the Dragon's current season was going.

"We're not doing so bad, but we could do better. I'm sure my team feels the same way too. It's early into the season though, so there's no point in feeling down or getting ahead of ourselves. I do feel we're a better team than we were a year ago especially with some of our new faces of Fish, Kriketers, Frostbeard and Ritchie. As the season goes on we're sure to improve and with that improvement will come a better record too.."

Johnson had only recorded 9 goals in total last season, but has already found his name in the scoring column within 11 games. When asked about this he said,

"I try not to think about it too much. I'm just here to help the team in the best way I can. I've never been much of a scorer as I'm more focused on the defensive side of things, but if I score a goal or two this season and it ends with us winning then I'm happy."