Dragons on a Plane!

KC15

Here is a question submitted to the D.C. Dragons website by a fan:

There is a lot of traveling in the VHL as teams criss-cross the country and the world to face opponents. That can get boring. Guy Lesieur, what do you and your teammates do to pass the time on the plane?

Guy: Hey, great question! Well, as for me, I’m real tight with my linemates, C George Washington and RW Raleigh Ritchie. We usually hang out together doing a lot of things – watching movies, playing cards, or just jawing and enjoying a cold brew or two.

Mikko Aaltonen and John Frostbeard usually sit together in the back of the plane talking strategy and which season’s version of a certain team is the best one of all time.

Benny Graves, Elasmobranch Fish, and Luciano Valentino are the real life of the party though. They get a wild hair and everyone stops to enjoy the antics. Sometimes they’ll act out favorite Monty Python sketches. Other times they will make up parodies of popular songs that skewer opposing teams. Best is when they decide it’s “Improv Night at the Dragon Club”. They just have us shout out a couple of different themes and then off they go. They are sooooo funny. I think that creativity is carried over onto the ice.

Just a few of the things the guys do to pass the time – apart from sleeping. There is a lot of sleeping going on. (laughs)