Best 5th round pick from every VHL Draft S65 -> S68

Big Mac

This should be fairly simple, I’m going to be placing the best 5th round pick from every draft, and I’ll be getting back to the 3 stars after this, and let’s get right into it. (EDIT) Quick note S65 had no 5th round picks that turned into VHL players so I ranked their best 4th rounder 

S65: Don Draper - This one is really easy to select as no other S65 player has been drafted in the 4th round and played a VHL game besides Draper. Draper while his good years are behind him, and he’ll definitely start to decline, he definitely had some pretty solid years, as in S67 he came in with 17 points in 72 games, and the following lit it up with 30+ goals and 58 points which was his best season, and then the following he’d have a 45 point season, and he has just been a legend for the Prague as he’s 4th all-time in points, 1st in goals, 2nd in hits, and tied for 1st in Game Winners. While he probably won’t be top 5 in those categories for long it’s just nice to see what he’s done. This season he’s on pace for 24 points, and hopefully he can bounce back. 

S66: Cody Smith - This one was really easy as well, and that’s because although about 5 players from the 5th round played in the VHL none come close to Smith besides Laughton, and Cody really emerged as a top young offensive defensemen scoring his first ever 10+ goal season, and barely missed the 50 point mark, and although Smith has dropped some in the TPE earning department, I can’t say the wranglers regret the pick, and hopefully he’ll get back to earning especially since he’s now an AGM. He definitely is a big building block, and really just went off last year crushing career highs, and he isn’t going to have a year like the last offensively, nor physically, but he’s posed a great two-way game, and is helping Calgary

dominate in Bushito's amazing rebuild.

usa_today_12469388.0.jpg

S67: Brendan Plunkett - Some might not agree, but you gotta feel bad for him he’s been playing on Davos when he should be flourishing on a good team, that could use a depth player. Plunkett last season posted 30 points in 72 games, and this season will most likely break that as he has 27 in 63 games. He’s been a solid player, although he probably doesn’t remain here for long as he’s inactive, and hasn’t posted since September, and I just wanna give a big shoutout to Edu Stava who is near Plunkett's caliber, but is a rookie, and will most likely be here in a season or two. 

S68: Raleigh Ritchie - Ritchie is without a doubt my pick, and at this point is only going to continue to impress and grow, and he definitely shows that sleeper talent that you love to see. He’s only going to continue to get better with 9 goals and 7 assists for 16 points, and he’s top ten in rookie scoring, and will be a great Dragons player, and maybe even as legendary as Draper (for the Phantom). To sum it up Ritchie is pretty good.

1178683506.jpg.0.jpg

Safe to say most of these guys are keepers, but how do you guys think most of these selections will age? (520+ words 1 week of claiming)

Edited by Big Mac