Theme Week: Hunter Hearst Helmsley

rjfryman

So from my standpoint, I believe that HHH is a future HOFer. I think being his linemate shows me more than most. I know we talk HHH; we are talking about his past performance, but I am one to tell you that the best is yet to come. When you look at HHH right now, you often talk about how his first few seasons with Riga were less than ideal. He was supposed to be the runaway favorite for rookie of the year. That did not come to fruition as we all know, but once he got traded to Vancouver, we started to see an immediate bump in performance. He was averaging around 50 points when he was playing with Riga, but once he had a full season with Vancouver, his points total jumped up to 90. He took a dip in this season's total, but that has more to do with the coach trying to do something unorthodox rather than any fault of his own. In the next three seasons, you will see his points per game total go up, and you will see that with his linemates and him will be atop the leader points again for just about every season until they retire. I know this is all dependent on things that may or may not happen, but when you look at who is retiring soon, you will see the top few players who are taking the spotlight from HHH will either retire or relegate themselves to being great players in the shadow of HHH. 

You can already see that HHH is one of the most talented players in the VHL already based on TPE. He is 2nd behind Ryan Kastelic, who is retiring soon. Being the top TPE player will open the floodgate to allow almost nonstop domination when he is playing against every other team. Another thing to look at in this picture is who is the next best forward in TPE to HHH. That player who has the next highest TPE is his teammate and linemate Julius Freeman. The two players, when they are both on their game, are some of the best players in the league. They will have the next three seasons at the top of their game to prove why they are the best duo in the VHL right now. 

All this to say, they have a chance to have three more great regular seasons ahead of them, but often matters with the HOF is what happens after the regular season. They have four more chances to do something special in the postseason. Some of this is hope, and some of this is pride, but I believe they have at least one more in them at the very least. The way Vancouver is built will show that they will be in contention each of the four more postseasons. I hope they win one or two more, but honestly, the league is much more competitive. I believe this is great for the league, but if you put HHH at any point in the past, he would be MVP just about every season.

@Beaviss Good Luck with it I hope we both can make it someday.