Theme Week - Killinger HoF? What?

There's never been a player that I have played with in the minors that showed so much promise, as Erik Killinger does. Is it too early to talk VHL Hall of Fame with a player in his final season in the VHLM? Maybe, but Erik Killinger has been far and away the Houston Bulls best forward. Anchoring that top line, he has provided offense very consistently for the Bulls, and has carried them with 62 goals. San Diego has kind of destroyed the league, so they have all the top guys overall, but Erik Killinger has not been far behind in terms of production. He does not have the same type of support that those Marlins have. Of course, he does have great players to play beside every night, but it's not difficult to see looking at the stat sheet that he does a bulk of the work himself, with support from winger Kristopher McDagg.

I think that Killinger has shown some real signs of greatness in the VHLM, and it should continue with whatever team drafts him in the VHL. One might argue that it's way too early to judge a Hall of Famer right now, but with Erik Killinger's work ethic and skillset, I think it's definitely possible. He also won't be able to do it all himself, because obviously he is going to need some awards and likely cup wins in order to get to that Hall of Fame career. In the VHLM, it's a lot more possible to get carried by a few players, but in the VHL you need a lot of team play.

I look forward to watching this kid in the VHL next season.