"I know I'm ready."

CALGARY - Jacques Lafontaine had a good rookie season. While he was not like Brick Wahl, who was their starter when he was a rookie, Jacques has still proved his worth winning 6 of his league-minimum 8 games with only on of the losses being in regulation. The rookie had good stats in those games and watched as star starting goalie JB Rift helped the Calgary Wranglers make it through the playoffs and into the finals. Sadly, the Calgary Wranglers lost to the Moscow Menace in six games during those finals. While the Calgary Wranglers were disheartened by this loss, they stayed positive and are working hard for the future. Their future looks good and their Young Guns look very promising. From the young captain, Sigard Gunnar and the sensational RJ Jubis, to relatively new players like Edwin The Encarnacion, Jacques Lafontaine, and Mikko Lahtinen, this team has star potential and will probably make a lot of good runs in the future.

"Yeah, we've got a good group of guys on the team right now. The veterans are great and have been awesome at showing us the ropes. They are tough and great leaders as well as some of the greatest players I've had the privilege of playing beside. And even the younger guys like me have been spectacular. Everybody's been working so hard and now that I'm the starter, I have to get better like everybody else. I'm getting ready for the day that I'll be the one backstopping the team. Even if I'm not a superstar or the next Kallis Kriketers, I hope to be solid. I mean, Alexander Pepper has been a great goalie because he's solid. And he was my favourite player so I hope to be solid like him. Speaking of him, I'm sad to see him retire. He will always be remembered by Victory Hockey League players. Or at least the Titans fan. Hall of Fame calibre player right there ...if only there were more spots open."

Yes, Alexander Pepper was Jacques Lafontaine's hockey hero. Ever since Jacques first became a goaltender after his defenseman days, he would watch the Titans play and try to learn as much as he could from watching Alexander Pepper. Even now, he considers Alexander Pepper one of his favourite goaltenders.

"Alexander Pepper has always been an inspiration to him and I am honoured to be able to play on the same ice that he has been on."

You have to wonder, being the fourth overall pick in the Season 70 draft and now being their starter, how does he feel? There has to be some kind of pressure weighing on him. We asked him about his emotions.

"Well, I'm nervous as hell. This is one of the highest levels, if not the highest level, of hockey. This is a big deal and I'm just hoping I'm able to deliver. I'd be lying if I was saying I am a bit worried and nervous about how well I'll do. But thankfully, I've been able to keep my emotions in check. I don't just feel ready. I am ready. I know I'm ready."

• Head Moderator

That's a lot of text here. Would break up the reading with some color, pictures and even a neat header title like a newspaper column would give it some jazz. Could also make all your "thoughts or speech" in italics to just give flavour as well to the reading.

Good start to rookie career though. Keep tracking through cuz goaltending is kind of a bitch.

7/10

On 3/18/2020 at 9:47 PM, tfong said:

That's a lot of text here. Would break up the reading with some color, pictures and even a neat header title like a newspaper column would give it some jazz. Could also make all your "thoughts or speech" in italics to just give flavour as well to the reading.

Good start to rookie career though. Keep tracking through cuz goaltending is kind of a bitch.

7/10

Blasphemy all wranglers get an auto 10/10