Latrell goes 9th overall

dasboot

With the VHLM Dispersal Draft concluding today, one of the prospects had mixed feelings about his selection. Latrell Mitchell was drafted 9th overall by the Minnesota Storm. “I was excited to go in the first round, absolutely thrilled don’t get me wrong, but I feel there were people that went ahead of me that I’m clearly better than. And on the opposite end, there were people picked after me that I thought would have went beforehand. So all in all it’s probably exactly where I should have went, was just surprised by the whole thing.” Upon asked about how he felt going to Minnesota, Latrell said, “Look, I’m excited to get drafted by anyone. I’m excited to go to a team with a winning mentality having won the championship last year, and hope I can be part of the solution for the repeat. However, I’m not thrilled with having to deal with winter,” he laughed. “It was exciting for me to go to Mexico last year, because the climate was very similar to back home, but now looks like I’m going to have to buy a parka. Nah I’m stoked mate. Looking forward to meeting the team.” Latrell looks to slot in on the top pairing this year which will hopefully lead to a repeat.