Is the Offseason too Long?

Da_Berr

So far, in my short time in the with the VHL, I have seen some remarks about the length of the offseason. Specifically, people have been saying that the offseason is too long. Currently, S70's offseason has been officially on for 2 weeks by now. Although two weeks is not a long time, we have to consider that that time is "offical" preseason. By that, I mean only players or managers who made it to the championships would have two weeks of offseason. A player who was eliminated in an early-round or didn't even make the playoffs would have more likely around three weeks of no hockey. Personally, as a player whose team didn't make the playoffs, I think the time off is fine the way it is. Not having hockey sucks, but it also allows for time improvement and rest by players. Despite the official league not having any games during this time, there still is a host of activities held. Such as the awards ceremony, World cup, HOF inductions and many more.

I've been on the site for over a year now and still have three more seasons left (including this one) in my first player's career. The pace of the regular season and off season could be sped up imo.