"We aren't done yet.."

dasboot

MINNESOTA - The Storm came into the playoffs on a loss to the Yukon Rush, but prior to that a massive 16 game winning streak is the high that they were on. All things clicked for the team and they thought they could continue that through the first round. The opposite happened though as the Marlins came out strong and surprised Minnesota with a 3-1 lead in the first 4 games. The offence for San Diego was firing on all levels and the Storm's offence and goaltending just couldn't keep up. Things were a bit grim in the locker room but there was confidence that they could come back and win the series. "We aren't done yet, let's go out there and do what we've been doing all season and win these next 3 games and go on to the finals," said defenseman and alternate captain Latrell Mitchell after a disappointing game 4 loss. "You know we can do it, I know we can do it, so all that's left is to go out there and get it done, no more excuses." With Minnesota coming off a championship year, expectations were high for the fans and the players of the team themselves. Mitchell being a first year player for the Storm also took the pressure on himself to go for a repeat. Game 5 in Minnesota, a potential elimination game was do or die. Squirrely dan got the Storm on the board just 4 minutes into the game and that got the momentum going. From there Minnesota connected for 4 goals on the PP which led to a 6-2 win over the Marlins and kept them alive for another day. Latrell Mitchell contributed 1 goal and 2 assists in the win. When being interviewed after the game, the reporter informed Latrell that he had gotten the first star, "I didn't even realised, doesn't matter about that though, all that matters is that we got the W and that I was able to help play part in that. This game is behind us now, we have 2 more to win and that's what we're looking ahead to, we aren't done yet."