Miami Marauders

Oatex

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 12:53 AM, Alex Bridges said:

Hello Alex Bridges,

I have arrived to give you a review on your graphic. To start, I think this quality of graphic is definitely passable for tpe. However, you have a long way to go before joining the ranks of VHL sig god, but you just might have the ability to make it there one day.

Pros:

- You've chosen a color palette for your graphic and stuck to it. I think the pink/white/black color scheme looks good.

- You've done a semi-successful jersey change/logo swap to your VHLM team. Nice!

- You've used multiple fonts for your text, and added some text effects (a drop shadow) which is good, and better than just a single text layer with no effects.

Cons:

- The dimensions of the graphic are too small. Shrinking (or, SCALING) existing images too small results in a loss of quality. Your graphic is 379 pixels x 260 pixels. I think the smallest you should ever make your sim league graphic is 400 pixels x 200 pixels.

- Your jersey change, specifically the COLOR SWAP, is amateur at best. The simplest way to effectively change the color of a jersey is to use a HUE/SATURATION adjustment layer with a LAYER MASK. You simply apply a hue/saturation adjustment layer, and slide the 'hue' slider around until the color you're looking to change, changes to what you want it to be. From there, you use a LAYER MASK to "erase" the entire hue/saturation layer, except for where you want the color change to remain. 

- Whenever you want to scale (re-size) an image, you always want to right-click it in your photoshop layer and go to 'CONVERT TO SMART OBJECT'.  Also, you want to hold SHIFT whenever you are dragging something to be bigger/smaller, as it maintains the existing proportions.  In this graphic, the Miami Maurauders logo looks really pixelated/low quality because it was scaled down too much AND wasn't scaled down as a SMART OBJECT.

Like I said before, this graphic is definitely passable by VHL standards, and I don't intend to be mean/rude, but hope that I can provide you with some constructive feedback.

Gorlab's rating: 3.5/10

21 hours ago, gorlab said:

Hello Alex Bridges,

I have arrived to give you a review on your graphic. To start, I think this quality of graphic is definitely passable for tpe. However, you have a long way to go before joining the ranks of VHL sig god, but you just might have the ability to make it there one day.

Pros:

- You've chosen a color palette for your graphic and stuck to it. I think the pink/white/black color scheme looks good.

- You've done a semi-successful jersey change/logo swap to your VHLM team. Nice!

- You've used multiple fonts for your text, and added some text effects (a drop shadow) which is good, and better than just a single text layer with no effects.

Cons:

- The dimensions of the graphic are too small. Shrinking (or, SCALING) existing images too small results in a loss of quality. Your graphic is 379 pixels x 260 pixels. I think the smallest you should ever make your sim league graphic is 400 pixels x 200 pixels.

- Your jersey change, specifically the COLOR SWAP, is amateur at best. The simplest way to effectively change the color of a jersey is to use a HUE/SATURATION adjustment layer with a LAYER MASK. You simply apply a hue/saturation adjustment layer, and slide the 'hue' slider around until the color you're looking to change, changes to what you want it to be. From there, you use a LAYER MASK to "erase" the entire hue/saturation layer, except for where you want the color change to remain. 

- Whenever you want to scale (re-size) an image, you always want to right-click it in your photoshop layer and go to 'CONVERT TO SMART OBJECT'.  Also, you want to hold SHIFT whenever you are dragging something to be bigger/smaller, as it maintains the existing proportions.  In this graphic, the Miami Maurauders logo looks really pixelated/low quality because it was scaled down too much AND wasn't scaled down as a SMART OBJECT.

Like I said before, this graphic is definitely passable by VHL standards, and I don't intend to be mean/rude, but hope that I can provide you with some constructive feedback.

Gorlab's rating: 3.5/10

Hey man, no hard feelings taken. Thanks for the help, I didn’t know how to jersey swap but now I do because Gustav told me and here’s what i’m working on now. Thanks for giving me the feedback.

511B7811-E222-422A-BBD5-2E803439FFFC.png