On top of the world

Jamie

RIGA, Latvia - With S38 under way in the VHL, one player in specific has been on top of the world just 7 games into this season. After a a solid couple games to start the season, it was Game 22 that really shot Brennan McQueen to the top of the leaderboards. McQueen went off in the first period alone scoring the first 4 goals of the game and added an assist. He would end the game with another goal and assist in the third period for a total of 5 goals and 2 assists nearly doubling his point total on the season.

Currently McQueen sits atop the league in points at 18 and goals with 10. He's never really been known as a huge offensive threat but that may be starting to change after leading the World Cup in goals and now continuing hot into the new season. "I'm loving that I'm producing and it's showing that all my work is paid off but it's unrealistic to say I'm going to continue at this pace and to be honest I'm just going to enjoy it now because I don't know when, if ever, I'll be on top of the leaderboards like this again. What I want more is for my Reign to win whether that involves me scoring tons or playing a more defensive role. It's the most important thing for now and the rest of my career."