Nygren Sucking Less

Devise

Coming into Season 72 a lot of expectations were lifted on Markus Nygren. The longstanding question of will he wind up as another Devise player, and squander TPE struggling like hell on offense. The first two seasons of his career, one with Malmo the other Seattle that pretty much was the case. More goon than scorer, Markus wound up having two seasons worse than even Logan Laich, the worst of the worst Devise agency players.

But Season 72 has brought with it some increased minutes, some more TPE and....some hope? A little hope. After managing only 10 points in his rookie season in S71 Markus had only 13. Yet somehow Markus has picked him up slightly from scrub trash and managed to set a career high in points already. That is right, he sucked so much in the last two seasons that 22 games in his measly 14 points is actually the best he's ever had in VHL history. More than that, he only managed 4 goals in both of his first two seasons. Sitting at 6, while not very much is somehow more than he had in either season as well. Hell he's almost at both seasons totals combined. 

While I highly doubt he'll be winning any awards soon, or really do anything bigger of note than be a decent role player. But it's nice to see that the evolution of pure trash into typical Devise roleplayer has been meant with a bit more success this season and the Laich tier days are hopefully behind me. Until I make another player of course.