WSJ on Prague's Slide, Extra Time Struggles

Cornholio

For a second there, Prague Phantoms looked like they had hope. Goaltender Solomon Crawford wasn't doing too bad for himself, the defenseman were getting heavily involved on offense while pulling off double duties on the rink to help out Crawford, and the forwards were holding up their weight on offense. Then it all came stumbling down. Prague started losing more games than they won. Their struggles in the "fourth period", or overtime, were evident. Through the first 24 games, Prague dropped five games in overtime, two more than any other team. 

"I don't know mate. We're struggling right now. Crawford's goaltending numbers are definitely better across the board, like saves percentage and goals allowed on average. If I'm looking at the league leaderboard correctly, Crawford has faced 60 more shots than any other VHL goaltender. So it hasn't been easy on him. Even with me, Seabass Perrin and Cinnamon Block, a stellar group of defenders to help him out. We gotta help the poor guy out a little bit. 

As for the rest of us. I don't know. It seems that we've cooled off on offense after leading the league for a bit. The shots aren't as lucky for us anymore, and with our porous defense - it has translated over to more losses because we aren't getting the goals to keep up the pressure on the other teams. That's something that we have to assess within ourselves... is what we have working, and if not -- then are there any moves that can be done in order to help bolster our position and stabilize our ship? That's questions that our front office will need to answer, hopefully soon. In the meantime, I'm going to try and enjoy our offense as much as possible 'cause I think I'm gonna put up career numbers this year."