CGY vs NY Predictions

Da_Berr

With the first round of VHL playoffs done and the second round approaching its end, we have one of the most exciting events in sports coming up. The championship round for the cup. We already have Riga patiently waiting for their opponent in the cup finals as they have swept perennial powerhouses Moscow. On the other side, we are currently waiting to see who will come out on top of the 2-2 tied series between New York and Calgary. I favour New York in this match up. Both teams have similar calibre goaltenders and depth, but I believe New York's star power is simply insurmountable. By adding a pure goalscorer in Freeman with a blockbuster trade earlier in the season, New York has a deadly top 3 of Freeman, Acyd, and Jensen. Along with their elite defence led by Flowers and MGS, it is truly a wonder that Calgary has even been able to steal two games away from New York. My prediction is that New York wins the next two straight to meet Riga in the finals. Although, now I probably have jinxed them and Calgary will win the cup.

• Commissioner

I want to see Calgary take it in 7. Obviously because I play for them but also because I love the idea of a team that swept rounds 1 and 2 facing a team that needed game 7 in rounds 1 and 2.