London United's Expansion Draft

McWolf

Entering the expansion draft, I was deadset on acquiring the most compensation picks possible. I had already started scouting prospects for the VHL Entry Draft, and my draft board was built in consideration that I'd have one or two extra picks in the 21th-24th pick range. Fast forward a couple hours, here's what the London United acquired in the expansion draft:

- :rig: Jay Jones | S72 | 246 TPE

- :hel: James Rose | S72 | 244 TPE

- :dcd: Guy Lesieur | S69 | 800 TPE

- :mos: Keith Krestanovich | S72 | 233 TPE

- :vhllogo: S74 22th overall pick

- :vhllogo: 11th slot in the Entry Draft

So, only one compensation pick, and it's not even this season. And it's not like the picks were not available, knowing that I acquired my only one in the 5th round, there had to be some other picks available earlier in the draft. What went wrong?

Truth is, nothing went wrong. In fact, everything went even better than I planned at first. The four players we acquired were the only four on the top 12 on the list I handed Quik in case I couldn't make the draft. I thought for sure that after selecting Jones 1st overall, Rose, Lesieur and Krestanovich would go early and that I'd miss my shot at them. I had my mind set on going crazy with compensation picks because I felt like I'd be forced to go this way, but it turns out my expansion rivals had other plans, with Chicago and Los Angeles both selecting entry draft slots early, and Warsaw actually going the compensation picks route.

At first I was disappointed to be selecting 1st, thinking that might limit me to only 1 of the 4 players I had targetted, but in the end, I was able to bring them all home. I'm really excited to see how thes first addition to London U family perform in the coming years. #WeStandUnited