Luke Thornton Scouting Report

Luke Thornton Scouting Report

75a0eb37fc5395d731c4528ebb83c7d6.thumb.jpg.5ce3f0b0ee3ede82a40e5cb642fd2265.jpg

LW | 6' 3'' | 220 LB. | Age: 23 | SE.png |
VHLM Drafted: 17th Overall (S73) MIA.png

NHL comparison: Mikko Rantanen

Luke Thornton of the Miami Marauders is the latest season 73 draft class prospect interviewed by our reporter Stephen A. Smith. Stephen A. asked Lukey about his goals for the next season, what he’s looking to improve on, who he tries to model his game after, playing against his cousin Onde Sandstrom, off-season training and much more.

Playing against Onde Sandstrom

You already know how excited I am playing against him.

Even though Sandy is a leader and the number one option on his team. I do believe that I can be the better all around player.  My team is really stacked though, but the coach is giving me big responsibilities early on. Anyway, I just hope I beat him every single time in games. but at the end of the day.  It's a fun game between two brothers. :) 

Role Model

What's funny about this is that people compare to the player that I try to model his game after, it's Mikko Rantanen. He is such a deadly playmaker that can score if he is left wide open and bear defensive responsibilities. That is the sort of player that I would like to become one day.

Goals 

That's an easy question.

One of my goals is to become a lottery pick for the upcoming S73 Draft.

The second one is to have a better season than my cousin obviously so that I can nag to him back home ahahaha.

My last and most important one is to lift up the Founder's cup.

Improvements (Cons)

One of my cons is that I am a volume shooter despite the fact that I am a playmaker. That makes my shooting percentage become so low so I want to start taking more quality and smart shots on net in the future.

My second con is that I am not the most tallest and strongest guy on the court. People are nagging about that, but I do not think that I will work on that in a while until it is really necessary at the VHL level.

My last con is that I am a horrible fighter. Do not expect to fight even once in my career except if it's a little tus with Sandy.

Off-Season Training (Pro)

I got 3 majors pro. The first one is that my playmaking abilities can change the momentum of some games and that any team or teammates loves to play with a playmaker such as myself to set them up for some goals.

The second one is that I am a good defensive forward 5 on 5 and on the PK. I always loved to play defense and lock up some of the best player on the other team. It is something that people under appreciate so I will make that as a success recipe in my career.

My last pro is that I'm a pretty decent skater and puck handler and this helps my game tremendously the better I become at it and one day I do want to become elite at it.

Miami Marauders

I love this team. I already said about the team in some other articles that you can see about me.

LET'S GO MIAMI. LET'S WIN THE FOUNDER'S CUP