Graves DTD after eating his own hat

STZ

Washington, DC.

The DC Dragons would have categorized last season is bizzare. They expected to be playoff contenders, and yet failed to make the post season. There were many doubters that DC could turn it around after losing most  of their firepower in return for a brighter future. Alternate Captain Benny Graves is entering this season as a top 25 player in the league, and one of the favorites to be a contender for the Boulet trophy. He was ready to start this season with a bang, and pledged to take on a bigger role in hopes to give the city a winning season.

S73 might even be weirder, as it seems Benny Graves is DTD with stomach issues after eating his own hat. He was reported telling teammates that he would "eat his own hat" if he was held without a goal in back-to-back games. Being a man of he word Benny proceeded to eating his own meshback DC Dragons hat after their shutout loss to the Calgary Wranglers last Sunday. Reports are that he should be fine for the next game, medical experts are stunned he was able to ingest even the plastic portions of the hat without becoming ill.

When asked for a statement, Benny said, "If I don't score next game I'll eat my shoe".