Haydon Learmonth's first thoughts upon joining the VHLM

Haydon Learmonth sat down with reporters for the first time this morning to answer some questions regarding his first 6 games in the VHLM.

Interviewer #1: Good morning Haydon!

Haydon: Good morning to you too!

Interviewer #1: You had also received free agent offers from Mexico City and Philadelphia but ultimately decided to sign with Mississauga. What went into that decision?

Haydon: Well I considered all three destinations and weighed the pros and cons for each one, but in the end I found that Mississauga was the most competition of the three and was also offering me first line minutes. That was an opportunity I didn't want to miss out on.

Interviewer #2: How have you adjusted to your new team? Is it a good atmosphere in the locker room with your teammates and staff?

Haydon: Absolutely! Michael and Gavin are two incredible players and it's been a pleasure to play alongside them so far. Vsevolod is also an incredible goalie and he has keeps us competitive every game. The atmosphere in the locker room is a very positive one. We know we're in the bottom half of the league but we're confident we're on the path to success. Our general manager Cole has been very welcoming and has helped me through a pretty overwhelming change of scenery. 

Interviewer #3: Do you and your teammates have any new strategies you plan to employ to push yourselves up higher in the standings?

Haydon: I think it's really about simplifying our game. You guys always hear the cliches of getting pucks deep, getting shots on net and playing well in our zone, but I think that's exactly what we need too. We have talented players on our roster and I think we just need to keep pushing and play the best hockey we can. I'm very optimistic about this team.

Interviewer #4: Do you have any plans in place to try to contain Miami, one of the league's powerhouse teams, who are on a 5 game winning streak and undefeated in regulation?

Haydon: I think it's really just about shutting down their top players. We know that beating teams like them isn't necessarily gonna happen very frequently this season but if we can play a smart game by not taking stupid penalties or committing lazy turnovers, and play a good all around game then I think that we can contest for those two points.

Interviewer #5: Do you think you've had your "Welcome to the VHLM" moment yet?

Haydon: Oh for sure! In my first game I got my first point. It was an assist. I was feeling pretty good about myself and started playing a bit more confidently. A couple shifts later I got drilled into the boards harder than I have ever been. It took me a couple seconds to get back up and as soon as I did I blocked the hardest shot I've ever faced.  That series of events let me know I'm not in the juniors anymore.

Haydon: Well that's all the time I have for today. Thanks everybody! Have a good day!

Spoiler
Spoiler

• Head Moderator

Hello and welcome to VHL!

Good first interview here. Its formatted in a way that its nice and easy to read and the interview flows well. I would suggest adopting using italics, bold and underlining effects in order to break up and emphasizes parts of your interview like this (Interviewer: Hello). Typically I'd also suggest putting in a picture or some colors, as it helps readers get a good balance of your content as well as some visual entertainment at the same time.

Hopefully you'll continue to enjoy your experience and see you in the big leagues!

7/10

Review:

score 8/10

The formatting is ok could use some work. Try making things bold or italics to make who is talking stand out more. I found that I would get lost in who was talking at what point. It was a good length where you got a lot in without making it boring it read or too long to the point where no one would want to read it. Good job! good luck this season.