Berr Thoughts Part3

Da_Berr

Couple of my thoughts as a VHLer, since I need the TPE (Part 2).

1. VAN has been on a roll ever since we decided to trade Jungkok. No hate to Fong, and I'm not saying he's a bad player, but our team has had better chemistry since the trade. Currently, we are on a 6 game win streak, and I only expect that to climb. We'll probably pass DC and TOR in the standings; we might even be darkhorse candidates for the cup.
  2. Su has started to pick it up on the ice again! Had some great games on our current 6 game win streak, and I'm clicking on the second line with Stallion. I'll probably break the 80 point barrier this season, and hopefully in the next 100.
  3. Almost all the top scorers (top 4/5) in the league this year do not deserve the Scotty Campbell Trophy this season. Despite some insane stats lines that are being put up this season, especially by players on expansion teams, I don't think those players should win MVP. I'm mainly looking at the team success of the exp team players. An argument could be made that they willed the team to ____ number of wins, but MVP has to go to a player whose team made playoffs. Otherwise, it is just putting up empty stats on bad teams.

• Commissioner
9 hours ago, Da_Berr said:

Almost all the top scorers (top 4/5) in the league this year do not deserve the Scotty Campbell Trophy this season. Despite some insane stats lines that are being put up this season, especially by players on expansion teams, I don't think those players should win MVP. I'm mainly looking at the team success of the exp team players. An argument could be made that they willed the team to ____ number of wins, but MVP has to go to a player whose team made playoffs. Otherwise, it is just putting up empty stats on bad teams.

Most likely they won't, same as Condor was basically knocked out of the discussion last season because his team finished last. Getting good numbers is great but if those numbers don't translate to even a playoff spot it seems unlikely to get far in the Campbell discussion.