Uhtred looks to end 7 game scoring drought in game 3

leafsman

Uhtred needs to step up his play in the Continental Cup Finals.  Uhtred has started off the playoffs fairly well but his level of production has dropped off recently.  Uhtred has an assist in each of the first 2 games of the final but he is currently on a goal scoring drought. Uhtred’s last goal came 8 games ago as he scored his 5th goal in a 3-2 OT loss to Calgary.   That goal came late in the first period as he showed some great hand eye coordination to  deflect a Scott Greene shot past Lafontaine to tie the game at 1.  Since that moment Uhtred has played over 237 minutes without hitting the back of the net.  That is a significant amount of ice time for any player but especially an offense first type player that Uhtred is.  He scored 43 goals during the regular season so he has placed some high expectations on himself.  “The goal drought is very frustrating but I am still getting some great chances and sooner or later the goals will be flowing again.  All that matters is that we win the cup and I will do whatever I can to make that happen.  If I can score some goals we will have a great shot at winning another cup.”

Edited by leafsman