Palo returns to Vancouver

jRuutu

Five or so years after leaving Vancouver - Rauno Palo has returned! Only for few days, last night Julius Freeman and Rauno Palo were selected into the Vancouver Wolves Hall of Fame! Freeman a notoriously deadly shooter who scored over 30 goals seven times in a row, and Palo who was notoriously up and down, instead of being up and down for a short period of time, Palo started his career down and finished on the up.

We met with the Finnish center shortly after his number was yanked into the rafters yesterday:

It's a great feeling to come back home, this is where I played the best hockey of my career. Special feeling to see all the fans and especially all the old teammates. Freeman looks like he could still play in this league, crazy to think a player like that is now retired. I was having a chat with Vancouver general manager Beaviss earlier today about retiring, time goes by so fast.

Beaviss told me that he had to stop deadlifting at his office because he could not get up from the bed sometimes after doing his deadlifting routine with 600lbs. I think the real reason was how many people complained about him refusing to wear pants while working out, but there is no denying that age catches up with all of us.