WSJ Back on the 1st Line?!

Cornholio

Prague Phantoms seventh-year defenseman Wolf Stansson Jr. is back in familiar territory - on the first line manning the blue line alongside sixth-year veteran Cinnamon Block. The two have been on and off the pairing on the defensive front for the last six years, alternating alongside former Phantom Seabass Perrin (currently with Helsinki Titans). With an inactive defenseman and a young defenseman being the only others on the active roster, it was essentially a no-brainer for the Phantoms coaches to put the two veterans back together. 

"I was actually surprised when the coach put my name up there on the first line. I mean, I wasn't really paying much attention to the roster and how the offseason shook out because I was back in Iceland spending time with my family, probably for the first time in two or three years. That was how dedicated I was to helping the team out by building chemistry through bonding activities and whatnot. But now that my time in the VHL is approaching the end of the junction - I had to balance things out a little more. 

But yeah, I'm perfectly okay with playing on the first line. That'll only mean more challenges for me as I'll once again be going up against the best of the best forwards/centers. Our goaltender is getting better, but he still needs our help from time to time. I didn't really put in too much work fighting regression because I'm saving up for one more hurrah next year, when regression will eat away at me some more, so I'll need my strength to really play hard next year. I just hope that my end-of-season stat line isn't too ugly." 

Through the first 10 games, Prague has gone 4-6 with a -4 net goal differential so it isn't completely terrible. Let's see what things look like at the end of this season.