Interview with Hylands the GM of The Mexico City Kings

Xflexz

How long have you been GM?

“It’s been about 2 months since I took the job as GM of the Mexico City Kings.”

Coming in as the new GM what were your first thoughts of the team?

“Coming in, I already knew the makeup of the team and what kind of situation they were in because I had played here for two seasons prior. I was really good friends with past GM @motzaburger as well, and he made sure to set this team up for future success.”

What is your vision for this team in the future?

“I want this team to be one of the premier destinations for 1st Generation Players in the VHL. We’ve had some pretty good success with that recently and I would like to keep that tradition going.”

What made you want to be a GM?

“Well I love hockey for one, but I also like to help new members on the site and get them up to speed with how things work. Becoming a GM in the minors has allowed me to build relationships with these new players and I’m proud to say that I think we have a solid group of young talent here.”

What are your current expectations for the team this season and next season?

“Admittedly expectations were low heading into this season, but the team has smashed all of those and we are now comfortably in a playoff race which is just phenomenal. With our plethora of picks coming up next season, it’s an exciting time to be a King here in Mexico City!”