Hot Start in Malmo

hylands

ESPN.SE - We are 24 games into the VHL season, and patterns are starting to emerge around the league. One in particular we are going to focus on, is the stellar play of the Malmo Nighthawks. It's come as somewhat of a surprise, but as of right now the Nighthawks are sitting just behind Riga in the European Conference in 2nd place, just four points back of top spot. Of course, much of the success that Malmo has enjoyed has come off the back of the MVP caliber performances of Condor Adrienne, who leads the team with 45 points. But that's not to say he's doing it all alone, last year's Rookie of the Year Chris Hylands is having a tremendous start to the campaign and has chipped in with 35 points, with 16 of them being goals.  We asked him a couple questions about his play, and the team's chances going forward."I'm thrilled with my play so far. I'm getting points and helping the team as much as I can every shift. And of course I've got more points than that Pines character over in LA, which just adds a little sweetness on top." It's tough to say whether Malmo will be able to keep up this level of play as the season goes on, but the Nighthawks are confident in their abilities to perform at their best when it counts. "I think we've got a great shot at possibly taking the Conference this year. We have some extremely young and hungry players who are just doing their all to make sure this team succeeds, it's really great to see." Those are strong words from sophomore Chris Hylands, but his confidence isn't out of place. The Nighthawks have put themselves in a great position with this early season form and will be looking to turn that into playoff success come the end of the season.