Raleigh Ritchie takes questions for his final season

DangerGolding

Ritchie is in his final year of his careers as he's announced his plans to retire at the end of the current season.

He has played his entire career for the San Diego Marlins in the VHLM and the DC Dragons in the VHL prior to this season when he was let go in free agency by the Dragons and chose to sign with the Toronto Legion. He's currently having the best season of his career in Toronto.

1.)  You seem to be a very effective player, would you consider extending your career?

2.)  What skillset did you develop first ?

3.)  What are your plans after leaving the league ?

4.)  What NHL player would you think that you most resemble in terms of skills ?

5.)  In your opinion what was your best VHL season ?

6.)  What was the determining factor in spending most of your career with one team?

Edited by Eynhallow
Needed one more question

On 9/29/2020 at 7:56 PM, Eynhallow said:

1.)  You seem to be a very effective player, would you consider extending your career?

My time has come, I've never really reached the heights that I wanted to in my career and it took me too long to get going. I want to retire before my play starts to dip any more and spend some time coaching the youth and being an advocate for hockey in the UK. I hear there's a few good kids coming out of there soon.

2.)  What skillset did you develop first ?

My shooting has always been my pride and the thing that set me apart from other prospects, I made have been a fairly one dimensional player by I was damn good and hitting a sweet slapshot into the top bin.

3.)  What are your plans after leaving the league ?

As I said earlier I want to bring some good coaching to the Youth of my home country, of course London are now based there so I hope that gets the young kids interested in Hockey and we can start to see more VHL talent from the UK.

4.)  What NHL player would you think that you most resemble in terms of skills ?

Oh I couldn't possibly say.

5.)  In your opinion what was your best VHL season ?

This one right now, though I'm older I think I've aged like fine wine, being able to use my experience to my advantage has resulted in being in the best form of my life here in Toronto.

6.)  What was the determining factor in spending most of your career with one team?

I liked it in DC, they believed in me even when every other team passed on me, and I do mean every other team. They took me with the 61st pick in the draft and I wanted to repay them for that faith, though it never led to any real success I don't regret my time there.