"I want a ring for every finger" - HJK

Dtayl

A Ring for Every Finger

Stanley Cup coming to 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic

Seoul - Han Jae-kuk and the Seattle Bears, after a rough start to the season, look to be on track to make the playoffs and have yet another solid run in the playoffs. Seattle coming off a VHL title started the season slowly and appeared to be having a cup hangover. However, after some class moves from the Seattle front office, the team is looking more and more like contenders. Han Jae-kuk has spent little time on the ice this season, which was to be expected for him as he still needs time to develop and adjust to the VHL. While many players may have taken this the wrong way, HJK seems to have embraced his role with the team and understands that it's about winning before personal stats and accolades. This rings even more true as multiple sources close to the situation have claimed that at one point during the season when Seattle was struggling HJK told the GM and Coaches that he was fine being benched if they felt it would improve the team performances. Luckily for HJK, Seattle decided to make other changes but that kind of attitude is something that is not common in this day and age. Many players now put themselves first as they chase huge contracts, personal recognition and stats, and records. However, it seems that the only thing that matters in HJK’s head is winning. We caught up with the young defenseman to talk about his mindset:

“Yeah, I mean I knew I would be riding the bench this season, Seattle has really really good players in front of me and I just was happy to sit back and learn from them. For me I don’t take it personally because I only care about winning and that is something that this franchise knows how to do. The culture here is Seattle is amazing, they are team-first and all-in for winning. They know what it takes to reach the top of the mountain and I really admire that. To me personal stats don’t me **** if you don’t win. You can be the top scorer in the league but if you don’t have a ring to show for it then it really means nothing. If someone wants to claim to be the best you really need to show you can win then. So in my mind the only thing I want is cups, I want a ring for every finger. Winning has been my mentality since day 1, it has really shaped who I am and what I do. It’s the main reason why I’m a team player. You need a team to win, you can’t do it alone. So yeah for me it's kind of just win or go home.”

Very strong words from the young player. Clearly has his mind set on getting a championship, which is certainly not a bad thing. You can tell he is hungry to win, and that appears to have made him a good teammate. The only thing left for HJK is to show that desire to win while on the ice. We wish him the best of luck going forward.

Word Count: 522