Elsby's VHL Veteran Experience Interview with EspooToday

Spence King

elsbyfixed.jpg?width=599&height=374

(S72) Spencer Elsby

User: Spence King | TPE: 720 (2 Banked)
D | 6' 3" | 160 lb. | Age: 16 | 
FI.png | HSK-square.png
VHL Drafted: 17th Overall (S72) | VHLM Drafted: 35th Overall (S71)

CK

FG

DI

SK

ST

PH

FO

PA

SC

DF

PS

EX

LD

TPA

Its really hard to believe this is already my third season in the VHL , and not to mention already 16 game into the season. After being drafted by Helsinki in S72 I really didn’t see myself nor do I think Jubo or anyone would have believed I would crack the S73 opening night roster only a season later. During my rookie season I was fortunate enough to learn and quickly what it takes to succeed at the pro level in the VHL and I cant say enough about Helsinki’s LR , the Vets are AMAZING and always make the whole team feel important , having played the opportunity to play on a roster during my first 179 games with a handful of legends with serious years of VHL experience to teach me everything and everything from players like Ben Hafkey, Erik Draven, Sam Ross , Jim Bob, Erik Summers, Seabass Perrin as well as Tony Bolonee. Throughout my first two seasons we have managed to have two extremely strong playoff runs winning consecutive European Cup Championship sweeps and two finals appearance giving me the most possible EX a player can earn both seasons since going pro and very proud of the 35 games played along with 9 goals 24 assists and 32 points nearing about a game during the playoffs along with 2 GWG from the point including a 2OT series clincher.

So after S73 as a Rookie I was the clear 3rd D on the HSK depth chart behind 3 and 4 year older Summers and Bolonee with over 100 TPE more than myself. Going into S74 and a solid rookie campaign. Leading the team in Shots Blocked as a rookie with 119, following that with 2nd on the team in goals by D with 14 Goals.

Season

GP

G

A

P

+/-

SHT

PIM

HIT

SB

GW

PPG

SHG

73 (HSK)

After the Titans history book S73 season with their franchise record win streak along with a European Cup Championship the titans made a huge offseason splash picking up VHL vet and one of the highest TPA Defence in the league Seabass Perrin. This set me back another rung on the depth chart after what I thought was earned my way above Tony as he ages and it would be myself behind star Summers, and 3rd Tony with Oh Sens coming in as a rookie after his strong training camp, however this  wasn’t the case and the stars aligned and everything happened for a reason and cant say how grateful I am to have played with Seabass. Now its S75 Elsby sits on the top 10 VHL Leaderboard for SB at #5 and in one less game played just 5 SBs behind the league leader. during the Helsinki Pre Season depth chart reveal I was listed as the Top defender… Spencer Elsby is also the 11th highest TPA Defence throughout the entire VHL.

Season

GP

G

A

P

+/-

SHT

PIM

HIT

SB

GW

PPG