#AsktheBouch: Half way through VHLM Season (Philadelphia Reapers)

Gaikoku-hito

1211070737_RobertBouchardVHLMPhiladelphiaReapers.jpg.dc3e96b18c8192d8cebda67895304d1d.jpg

With the half way mark of the season just a few days away we once again sit down with Robert Bouchard of the Philadelphia Reapers in his rookie season to get his current thoughts as he continues to progress towards his VHL career.

Half of the season is gone so what has the season been a success from your standpoint so far?

RB: Yes, But it was also ways going to be successfully at this point of the season as long as the team was in the hunt for the play-offs; which we clearly are at the moment but again things can change quickly so I hope that we continue to have the same success in the second half of the season.

Last time we talked you were leading the points standing; now you are behind a few other players what happened?

RB: I started to focus more on the team game and if you have noticed my team mates have actually benefited from my overall game improving but in every situation once you change something; something else will change as well. In this cases since I have been working on the two way game and puck possession it has hurt my overall scoring chances as I have the puck more meaning I need to make cleaner and better decisions with the puck. This aids my line mates more as I am placing them in better places to score, which they have done more often then in the past. Which is why they have both gotten closer to my stat lines and even passed me in some situations.

Are you concerned overall with the points drop off?

RB: I would love to lie to you and say that I am not concerned but when the team has also see a drop in form that has gone along with my points production dropping off then yes, I am concerned as it means I am not doing what is best for the team at the moment and that is racking up the points. This means I need to focus more on placing the puck into better scoring areas for my line mates and scoring more myself. Like I have said in the past the team comes first and I will try to do what is best to help them win.

The series is expected to continue in the second half of the season as we continue to follow the progress of Robert Bouchard and his Philadelphia Reapers as the head toward the play-offs in #AsktheBouch.

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

• Gaikoku-hito changed the title to #AsktheBouch: Half way through VHLM Season (Philadelphia Reapers)