Pre Draft Interview with Lenny Sanderson

Gally

Keller Placed Third in Calder Trophy Voting

Lenny Sanderson Pre-Draft Interview

Roughly an hour ago, VHL reporter Dalton Vergas conducted what was to be the final interview of Lenny Sanderson before he was drafted into the VHL.

Dalton Vergas: Well, Lenny, the draft is in approximately 2 hours now. What's going through your mind right now? How are your nerves?

Lenny Sanderson: I know this is one of the biggest moments of my life. This draft will determine where I end up for what might be my entire VHL career. To say my nerves are on edge is an understatement. Tonight will be an exciting night for me, that's for sure. I'll be watching the draft from start to finish. 

Vergas: In the latest VSN mock draft, which came out earlier today, you were ranked 18th overall and being picked by the Los Angeles Stars. Any thoughts on that?

Sanderson: Yeah, I mean the Stars are obviously a rebuilder, so I'd love to be a big part of that. They're a pretty young team, with not too many guys in the system but they definitely have some promising prospects, and it's for sure a situation I could see myself joining.

Vergas: While all this is going on, you still have your World Juniors finals tonight against Team Europe. Is it hard to focus on your play when such a big milestone looms later?

Sanderson: I'm going to be totally honest, it's hard to concentrate. It's a huge game for Team World tonight, and there's a gold medal on the line. I know Zolnek @Sixersfan594, who's also on Team World, is anxious for the draft too, so knowing I'm not alone here is a good feeling. 

Vergas: How do you feel about your chances in the game? While Team World has been spectacular this tournament, the Europeans just pulled off a 5-3 upset of USA in the other semi finals. 

Sanderson: I don't care about who the guys on the other side of the rink are, I'm just going to play my game. I've been solid so far, so I think all I can do is play my game, encourage my teammates, and give it 100% every single shift. I know that sounds cliché, but I can tell you from experience, it works every time. I truly believe that's the way we've been playing and that's why we've been so successful.

Vergas: Back to the draft. Looking at your stats, you really picked it up in the playoffs for Saskatoon. Do you think you raised your draft stock with your play?

Sanderson: Yeah, we had a great team in Sasky this season. We weren't all that flashy, but we had great depth and good chemistry with each other. I think I played better in that series for sure, and it was a shame we had to bow out so early. 

Vergas: Well, you better get ready, the draft's in no time! Good luck in your world juniors game and at the draft!

Sanderson: Thank you and thanks for having me here.

Alrighty, the draft is in 5 minutes, so Sanderson's preparation begins now. Good luck to all draftees-to-be, and we'll see you all after the draft!

528 words

Review

Great job making something different then normal. You did a good job including real time information in an interview style. All of that combined with the length of this article and the information in it I rate it a 9.5/10