Anxiety

Guest Svoboda_3

Guest Svoboda_3

Does anyone else suffer from bad anxiety issues? What do you do to contain the symptoms or relax?

After all my latest medical issues, I've developed severe anxiety problems to where I can't sleep, my hands tremble, I have a "lump in the throat feeling", tense feeling and muscle fatigue. I feel like I'm always on edge.

I am on Ativan to bridge me and I know none of you are doctors, but is this something that will go away over time and that I have to be patient with this, or am I fucking doomed to suffer?

Please help, I'm open to any suggestions.

Whether it will go away or not is really up to the patient.  The best way I find to relieve anxiety is to have a hobby.  When I feel anxious I usually just write, or read, or play video games until it goes away.  Everybody is different, but making yourself as comfortable as possible when possible is the best way to try and keep it from happening.  And no matter what, always remember to breathe.

Guest Svoboda_3

Yeah It's just 2 months of this. I've also had 2 fainting spells. I've gone for walks, had massages, tried to rest; I guess I just have to keep working at this in hopes that it will sort itself out. I'm supposed to go on a trip on the 19th, so hopefully that is my cure if I don't pass out again.

I tend to get pretty bad anxiety in certain social situations, thus I have an incredibly hard time meeting new people (especially at networking events), or even just talking to family members I don't see very often.  It generally makes me start grinding the shit out of my teeth.  Alcohol usually doesn't even work.  Unfortunately I never have seen a doctor about it, so maybe it's just me being a little bitch.  I'm sure there there's some way to reframe the situation in the moment though.  Maybe taking some deep breaths, remembering that you're awesome, and punching whatever is making you anxious in the face?  I don't know.  I should see someone about that too.

Through depression and other battles with illness I've always had anxiety. Earliest age I remember developing ongoing anxiety was at the age of 12 years old. To this day I still suffer from it over the most basic things. It's usually a result of myself over thinking my next event/big day. I get anxiety sometimes when I have to simply get to the grocery store, it sounds illy but anxiety can strike anytime.

Some ways to help: (Some may sound ridiculous, but trust me)

• Sit upright like you're in the execution chair. Close your eyes and breathe in and out all the way. This relaxes your diaphragm and allows your body to stay regulated through breathing.
  •  
  • Lie down on your bed every 30 minutes and close your eyes. Repeat this "I'm in control of my body, my body isn't in control of me". (This one sounds funny but trust me, anxiety is a psychological mindset)
  •  
  • Do pushups. I'm serious this allows your heart to be below your breathing, which helps the lump in the throat.
  •  
  • That lump in your throat feeling? Yeah that's just your Adam's Apple's way of saying you are worried. Drink some water or if you have time go for a jog. Physical exercises release different signals in your brain to allow your body to step it's game up and eliminate anything. That lump is just swelling of your esophagus and it goes away after time (it's healthy).

Slobo, look into St. John's Wart. Most healthy/natural medications get made into some major corporations product (i.e. acetaminophen = Tylenol). However, St. John's Wart can't be made in to one because it's a natural herb with a patent. Major companies aren't allowed to even touch it. You'll find it in any drug store or grocery store in the health section and it can help you a bit!

Those are the two best clinical resources you can access from home right now.

Otherwise, I would look into private counselling for CBT.

And yes, anxiety will and can be controlled my friend.

Experience: Clinical social worker

I tend to get pretty bad anxiety in certain social situations, thus I have an incredibly hard time meeting new people (especially at networking events), or even just talking to family members I don't see very often.  It generally makes me start grinding the shit out of my teeth.  Alcohol usually doesn't even work.  Unfortunately I never have seen a doctor about it, so maybe it's just me being a little bitch.  I'm sure there there's some way to reframe the situation in the moment though.  Maybe taking some deep breaths, remembering that you're awesome, and punching whatever is making you anxious in the face?  I don't know.  I should see someone about that too.

Alcohol and marijuana are both natural depressants and although they may temporarily relieve symptoms, they make things worse.

Alcohol and marijuana are both natural depressants and although they may temporarily relieve symptoms, they make things worse.

This x100. If people become self reliant on drugs (basics like Alcohol and Marijuana) they actually develop a need for it in times of your worst anxiety and moments. I haven't had a drink since 18 years old and have never smoked at all, and it is entirely by choice over whether I'd rather have long-term good health or short time relief. Yeah it sucks to experience things at first, but in the end you'd rather cope well beyond what you wished for long-term than to experience a 24 hour heaven.

Not that everyone should do this but I've cut a lot of things from my diet to help myself. Onions, bread, diary are just the beginning of what I cut out.

Guest Svoboda_3

This x100. If people become self reliant on drugs (basics like Alcohol and Marijuana) they actually develop a need for it in times of your worst anxiety and moments. I haven't had a drink since 18 years old and have never smoked at all, and it is entirely by choice over whether I'd rather have long-term good health or short time relief. Yeah it sucks to experience things at first, but in the end you'd rather cope well beyond what you wished for long-term than to experience a 24 hour heaven.

Not that everyone should do this but I've cut a lot of things from my diet to help myself. Onions, bread, diary are just the beginning of what I cut out.

Onions? wtf

Guest Svoboda_3

What did onions ever do to you?

They made him cry but it probably has to do with the diarrhea

Edited by Svoboda_3

Onions? wtf

Onions collect bacteria. If an onion is not freshly sliced it will have collected bacteria from the air. Ever had a horrible stomach ache or felt like acid was tearing your stomach lining a new one? It might be because an onion you ate had been sitting cut for awhile before you consumed it. It's not a myth either, try it out.