Moose/King Looking Ahead, Not Back

IamMOOSE

It’s a bit late for a season preview in any capacity but there’s a lot to be said for this upcoming season when it comes to Vancouver Wolves’ Center Kevin King and maybe more crucially, VHL Member IamMoose. For those unaware of how we wrapped up the postseason and offseason for King/Moose, controversy surrounded the camp as responses to resim efforts, some generally poor comments, and a ban from some poorly chosen words on a podcast spiraled into a scenario where without the aid of his former Vegas GM Spartan, Moose had walked away from the league.

Coming back however, Moose seems to be back on stride, hitting his note for capping for this week and picking up where he’d left off a couple weeks previous. Sources close to the camp have said there’s still a lot of hesitation to what to say or post but those jitters should pass with time. For IamMoose, it’s a return to general production as a content creator and a positive influence on the forum. Moose had this to say regarding his hopes to get back to the member he was before s75:

“I’m disappointed with how much all this affected my player’s growth and development but that’s the place we put ourselves in. When it comes to the rest of this season, I want to get back to where I was before the start of last season. I’m not gonna make excuses for it at this point, I want to believe that those who interact with me most in this league will give me an opportunity to kind of reset and fit back into the conversation. I understand some members were/are upset with me and that’s unfortunate. All I can offer at this point is my content and my attitude as it is today versus what it was at the end of last season.”

For King it’s another new season with another new set of challenges. Coming off a huge season where the Dustin Funk nominee recorded 94 points including 37 goals, it will be King’s mission to find consistency in his third season as a Wolf. King’s career has been plagued by streaky runs, often with a major goalless and even pointless drought. I’ll be King’s second full season under 2nd line Center, likely winged by some combination of Onde Sandstrom on the right and either Jesper Norberg or Venus Thightrap on the left. King and Sandstrom have shown chemistry in the past, so it’s a stable 2nd line that is only complimented by the left side. King will look to match and exceed his previous season’s totals stating,

“I’d like to hit the 100-point mark but realistically as a 2nd line Center I’m not expecting the world. I’d like to get back to that 35+ goal mark and especially my game winners. I think the value for me right now is getting great players Sands and Norby going. I’d like to be the kind of player rookies like Sosa & Zolnek can go to for advice on builds. This season is about building that foundation for me.”

We did approach King for comments regarding Moose’s actions from late last season to which he responded, “Moose is one of those guys who’s gonna say maybe the wrong words. I wouldn’t call him a bad guy, you just get to a point where you understand he’s got his opinions and his way of thinking. I don’t always agree with it and how he presents it, that’s just him though.”

Beyond anything that happened to end last season or opposing views from not only the player, member, and community, King & Moose both echoed in agreement that it was time to move on to the new season. We will be curious to see not only how King/Moose move forward but if there are any new additions to the arsenal this season.