Anigbogu Weekly Journal #3 - Evaluating Ziarie's Performance Thus Far

ngine4

Toronto Legion defenseman Ziarie Anigbogu is now in his 3rd year with the team. Coming off a sophomore campaign in which he was named to an All-League team, Anigbogu's performance hasn't been quite as strong to open Season 76. He's currently on pace for 72 points, down from 81 last year. The Legion have had a rocky start to the season, between play inside the rink and the drama surrounding certain departing players, and Anigbogu's decline has not helped. In a recent interview, he addressed some of these concerns:

"Man, honestly I don't really care. Those numbers, yeah, they're down. But what really matters to me is not at all how I produce, but how I'm able to contribute to the Legion. Of course the team success hasn't completely been there either so far, but I think there's still a lot of positives to take away from this season. First of all, the locker room excitement and activity has never been higher. That environment is constantly buzzing, and that'll eventually translate to a cohesive team effort in games. And these young guys man, they're impressive. I completely expect them to start passing me in production sooner than later, they're all special talents. So as good as it may have felt to be honored last season, that's never been my priority in the VHL. It's just been to bring the most to whatever team rosters me, and I'll continue to strive for that goal."

Edited by ngine4

• ngine4 changed the title to Anigbogu Weekly Journal #3 - Evaluating Ziarie's Performance Thus Far