Declan Wolf interview

MrShark

Reporter: "Hello, Declan and thanks for making time for this interview. You have recently joined the VHLM's Saskatoon Wild, congratulations! What are your early impressions of the team?"

Declan Wolf: "Well, first off, thanks for having me here for this interview. Now, I think it's a great team for me and suits me well. It's a team that's at the bottom of the league but a team that has had a lot of success in the past, and I'd much rather play on a well-known team that is not doing well, so I can help the team get better and also stand out more, so VHL teams are going to be looking at me and hopefully drafting me."

Reporter: "I hope you get drafted, as I've heard a lot of good things about you! Alright, what do you think you can bring to the team to help it and how do you think you're going perform?"

Declan Wolf: "I'm a goal scorer, so I'm confident I can score some goals for the team, but also pass to my teammates when it's needed. I think I can also bring some positivity and leadership with me. Performance wise, I obviously hope I'm going to do well. I generally get really nervous, so I'm not sure how well I'm going to do at the start, but I think as the season goes on and I get to know the team and the players better, I can also perform better."

Reporter: "Those are definitely going to help the team win! Anyways, I know you already talked about this a little, but how do you think you're going to do in your first VHLM game?"

Declan Wolf: "That's a tough one, because it could go many different ways. Our opponent, the Mississauga Hounds, aren't doing much better than us, so the game itself could go either way. Like I said, I'm also going to be really nervous and I'm probably not going to get much ice time either, which is expected. I'm going to make the best of the ice time that I'm given though and to me the most important thing is that we get the win, and to get the win the better and more experienced players need to play more than new players like me. Overall, I think I'm going to do well. Not great, but well and I don't think I can expect more from myself."

Reporter: "Alright that's it! Thanks again for your time and I wish you good luck for your first game, first season and future!"

Declan Wolf: "Thank you, thank you a lot!"

Written by me, MrShark