That Dude Themed Vacation

Cornholio

It's Theme Week. I want that bonus TPE, so here goes nothing. That Dude's current residence is Minnesota where he plays center for the Storm VHLM franchise. It's been an interesting journey as That Dude aspires to become a successful VHL player. Speaking of the VHL, That Dude needs to start preparing for the next chapter in the bigs and beyond. Here is a quick assessment of which cities that I've been to and which cities that I'd like/would not want to vacation. 

Already Been There

Vancouver, Chicago, D.C., Seattle, Toronto, Los Angeles, New York

As you probably figured out by now -- I'm based in the United States. I've lived on both coasts and drove across America five times if my memory serves me correct. Out of the bunch, I'd argue that Vancouver is the most beautiful city of the bunch. What I'd do to live there even for like a year or so. I also ski/snowboard, so Whistler yeah. Beautiful mountain, could ski there all week long. New York and Los Angeles as a city to vacation in is meh to me, although I'll give the edge to New York any day 'cause of the water. It really does make the difference in their bagels, pizzas and pretzels. But the activities in those two cities are pretty vibrant and you could easily pull off a killer bachelor's party hitting up clubs and doing activities. L.A. smog, no thanks. I went to D.C. for my undergraduate years and the city has really transformed itself over the years. Chicago is cool too - Millenial Park (sp?) is really beautiful and I feel like I haven't really explored this area enough. Definitely wouldn't mind checking out the place again. The same for Seattle, been there, went to the touristy places, but the local scene can be really good. Toronto, I went there once for a family camping vacation. Actually, I think I shouldn't put Toronto here if I don't remember much from this place. Yeah that pretty much sums it. 

Would Like to Visit

Calgary, Helsinki, Prague, London, Moscow

I'm trying not to be too cheesy here but those cities, I'd love to take a vacation. Especially Calgary and the Banff National Park. I'm also an Olympics fan so would love to check out the Olympics venues here in Calgary (should also do that for Vancouver too, didn't have the chance to). I've always wanted to visit Helsinki... maybe for my honeymoon once things are safe enough to hold a "normal" wedding (COVID that). We've always talked about hitting up the Scandinavian countries and Helsinki is a good place to start. Prague, funny thing -- I touched their airport on a layover nearly 8 years ago. Thought about getting out to check out some historical places but the turnaround time wasn't enough. Next time, I'll make sure I do a 12+ hour layover like I did in Amsterdam during that trip (still not enough!). London, yeah, everybody knows about London. Moscow is also intriguing for me, lots of history there and I'd like to see for myself what things are really like over there.  

Need to Do More Research

Warsaw, Malmo, Riga, Davos

I'll admit, I will need to do more research on those four cities, see what's up over there. Out of the bunch, I am somewhat familiar with Riga since they have a Bobsled/Luge/Skeleton track, but that's basically about it. Warsaw, Malmo and Davos, I dunno what could be in those venues. My apologies for the American bias here, but it's true. Our education system don't teach us enough about the world. Who knows, once I read up on those cities, I'd move them up to the next category above - but let's see. 

I hope you enjoyed reading this. Now gimme that bonus TPE.