Claimed:Is Ricky Bobby done?

VHLwhat

Is Bobby Ricky done?

5TCuOBo.jpg?1?8684

After a bad first season in the VHLM, which saw his team, lose in the first round, Bobby Ricky has been debating on whether or not to retire from hockey for good and go to work on a farm in his hometown in North Dakota. Bobby hasn’t seemed to generate much interest outside of what his current GM sees in him and there has been no word on any teams in the VHL looking to draft a player who fits the exact mold of so many other more established players. Ricky knows his game is to score goals, he has the shooting ability to do that but it isn’t enough to create interest in the pros where everyone can score.

With his hockey future in doubt, he met up with his high school newspaper and shared his feelings on the process so far:

0066965_19250_MC_Tx360.jpg

Well it was fun to be getting paid to play hockey. I know that I wasn’t even the best player on teams here but I expected myself to be more prepared then I turned out to be. I read the scouting reports that said I was just a punk 18-year-old kid with no tools, just a slap shot. I know that my performance last season should be an indication to every team that I’m not good enough to make it at the next level which is probably why I haven’t heard anything about the draft. I had hoped that one GM would reach out to me or something but the whole process has continued to leave me in the dark and it sucks. I just wanna play hockey. Plain and simple.

While Bobby Ricky’s old high school let him say some words in their newspaper, it has been reported that their coach has made sure that he stays away from all players and practices. Bobby Ricky caused more trouble than a hungry snake in a field of mice during his time in high school and that seems to be the reasoning behind this. Ricky has always been scouted and reported as having a short fuse with a party mindset. He was well known for putting vodka in a water bottle and drink it during high school games as well as smoking weed with a couple teammates on long bus rides to other schools. For most players, they would have been kicked off the team immediately but he scored goals on a team that needed scoring so the coaching staff allowed him to play as long as he was smarter with his act.

Apparently, his act hasn’t become smarter with time. It was reported when he scored his first VHLM point that he went clubbing at a gay bar and getting black out drunk. There have also been reports that Bobby Ricky continues to smoke weed on a daily basis, by himself because the minors don’t pay him enough to share (at least that’s what his Instagram says). But even through all of this, you would expect that a player with even the smallest of promise will get taken in the VHL draft but you have to think whoever picks him is willing to take a long-shot chance with him.

There will be more info to follow as the draft gets closer.

Edited by VHLwhat

I think one of the issues would be that since this draft is so deep, it's hard to tell who a team will and/or won't be in a position to draft. I know I personally tend to PM people I think I'll have a good probability of drafting. I would like to draft you (although not if you intend to quit, of course) but I have no idea if Calgary will be in a position to do so. If you end up in the mid-2nd you're out of my price range, and if you as well as some other people fall to my late 2nd and early 3rd I don't want to guarantee you anything in case I go with them. In a shallower draft it would be easier to get an idea who is going where, but with something like this, unless every GM went and PMed about 20-30 guys each, there are going to be some mid to late guys who don't get PMs even if there's interest, just because of all the uncertainty.

Content: 3/3 Hopefully you decide to stick around with him. You could be a nice player for a team and make a difference. I was a 2nd line player for about 3 seasons of my pro career. I did a lot of dominating there.

Grammar: 2/2 Nothing really to dock for.

Appearance: 1/1

FINAL: 6/6