Life is Fragile

lere2001

These last two days I can easily say are the worst I've ever had. Yesterday, I was with my girlfriend in a small town in Alberta with her step-dad's side of the family and we got the call saying that my girlfriend's father had committed suicide in his garage. Every moment since then has been one big tear. I don't think there has been a minute that has passed since without some sort of pain, tears, or *insert emotion here. I'm exhausted, mentally and physically, and there's nothing that I can do about it because nothing heals these wounds. You don't live through something like this without being affected for the rest of your life. My girlfriend is strong, real fucking strong, but I've watched her break down more times than I'd like to for the rest of my life during this. This is the hardest time of my life and it wasn't even my father.

To make it complete, my best friend's grandfather passed away today. Two very hard funerals coming up and right now, I don't even know what to do with my life. Honestly, I don't know how many point tasks I can get in for the next "however long", but I just needed to come on and vent to someone, anyone. I don't know who is going to read this, but thank you and keep me, my girlfriend, and my best friend in your thoughts.

Hey man.. Really sorry this happened.. i express my condolences for your gf's and best friend's losses. I wish you, your gf, and best friend all the best and will keep yall in my thoughts! If there is anything i can do to help, let me know!

Under the circumstances, I think point tasks are the last thing anyone is worried about. Keep strong, it's always a tough time when going through loss, cope however you feel you need to and come back to this place when and if you are ready for it. If you need anything, let me know, I've been through more than my share of family deaths, but to some extent this is always going to be a personal thing and you have to get through it how you will.

Hey man just remember, this is a sim hockey league. RL will always take precedent, especially when the events are so life-changing. I'll definitely be keeping you in my thoughts and send some well-wishes your way. It's gonna be tough to really deal with, but as hard as it is it'll eventually get better. If you ever need someone to vent/talk to, feel free to message me.

Sometimes life has this strange way of coming into perspective and I encourage you to hold the ones around and just grieve. It's okay to so emotion and it's okay to put the other stuff on the back burner for the time you need. It's been a tough day for me as well and I can only hope yours can find a patch of positivity. Here if you need me, head up.