Claimed:The Hero: Part III

Ramicus

The Hero:

When a Man

or

Freedom Fighter

pin-up-500-28.jpg

When we left off, George “The General” Patton was in a city in North America, a city that was and will remain unnamed for copyright purposes. He was in a car rented from a company that was like the pound, but American, sitting with his unnecessary eye candy sidekick, Cherry Baxter. In his hand was a fancy black box with a letter from a very rich Mr. Wayne, who, in George “The General” Patton's opinion, was obviously a famous superhero whose mascot was a flying nocturnal being that was not an owl. The box also held a plane ticket and some other papers, giving him a way to, and everything he would need in, Havana, Cuba. There was also a gun, but The General was choosing to ignore that and instead wait for his flight to Havana.

320px-Imagebysafa2.jpg

Having spent more than enough time dealing with flights, we shall say that the itinerary took The General and Cherry Baxter (who refused to be called Cherry, or anything other than her full name) to Cancun, Mexico. There they had a three hour layover, and took an opportunity to sleep before boarding yet another flight, which landed in Aeropuerto José Martí, also known as Jose Marti Airport, just before 5:30 in the afternoon.

42235169.jpg

From the airport, George “The General” Patton and Cherry Baxter received their rental car and drove to the address given to him. It was a tall building, larger than anything else in the area, and the address was a small door on the side of the building, far from the hustle and bustle of the main entrance. The General's superhero sponsor had talked about lighting a fire. Surely a grand entrance would be the way to do such a thing.

17.1.jpg

Nevertheless, The General was an idiot, and opened the door all willy-nilly, putting all thoughts of potential consequences far out of mind (in the words of Jake Peralta, “Eyes closed, head first, can't lose”). Inside was a large, dimly lit, room, devoid of material things except a man standing in the shadows at the center of the room.

tumblr_n31p50tLvh1qcbki6o1_500_zpsfd5d30

“Mr. Patton.”

“Mr. Wayne?”

“Indeed.”

“Are you really, I mean, are you B****n?” (censored for copyright purposes)

“No. Why does everyone assume that!?”

“I don't know, Wayne, rich, fighting evil. It all fit.”

“Mr. Patton, my name is Corey Wayne. Bruce is my cousin.”

“Awesome.” He grumbled under his breath. “Not as cool as B****n, though.”

“Mr. Patton, when a man is mistaken for his cousin his entire life, it begins to grate on his nerves.”

“So who are you?”

“I am a freedom fighter, Mr. Patton. I fight HYDRA. And now you will, too.”

The lights shut off suddenly, then came on at full force, blinding The General for a moment. Corey Wayne was gone, a piece of paper where his feet had been.

Top-Indian-freedom-fighters-and-their-co

“Mr. Patton,

Enclosed please find:

The box included documents for an apartment in this city. That is for your use. Inside you will find food, which is also for your use. This room will be your gym, should you wish to use it. Train as you see fit until you receive further instructions.

Light a fire, Mr. Patton.

-Mr. Wayne"

Come back next week for…

PUPPET MASTER

or

RULE OF THUMB

3rockyBullwinkleCorn5.jpg

• Senior Admin

Content: 3/3

Hahaha, god I love your articles. Nice work. Was very excited to see Ghandi make an appearance!

Grammar: 2/2

All is well for me :)

Editing: 1/1

Good!

Overall: 6/6