Claimed:Counting down the days [Final 6/6]

Banackock

Rinne2.gif

It's been almost 2 entire months since Blake Campbell was declared eligible to be picked up on low waivers within the VHLM and since then, he has seen a lot of success. The young goalie had shown great strides in becoming a top goalie within the league, has made strong efforts in rounding out his players attributes and has been one committed guy to himself and his Minot Gladiator teammates. Although the Gladiators well short when it came to making this seasons playoffs and he didn't get to see the ice time he did, he was still very honored to have made the leap into juniors and play for the organization.

"Ideally as a goalie, you want to play as much as possible. Nobody overly wants to be a back up goalie but because I came into the league a little later than others, I didn't have much choice. Obviously I was a bit behind our starter and that's okay, It gave me a goal to push towards and It really gave me the motivation to try my best. He played a hell of a season and it was nice to team up with him between the pipes this year".

ma-fleury.gif

Campbell came into the league boasting that he would be a top pick and continuously stating that he's trying to become one of the top goalies this league has seen. One has to remember though that many goalies have stated this, many have chased this and many have also failed. For now, however, Campbell has remained on track for the most part, only missing one major week of media spots due to getting a "side job" in Northern Alberta. He looks to continue his strong pace heading into the draft where he will find out where his new home will be. Will he be a top pick? Not sure. Should he be a top pick? Maybe. Only time will tell where he will go but he should turn out to be a very strong player.

" I don't want to let anyone down when it comes to picking me. I want to be my best. However, real life comes first and it would be silly for me to place this league over larger priorities. That doesn't mean that I am going to vanish or completely fall off the rails though. I am still very committed and interested in building myself into a guy that my team, teammates and management can depend on. Yes, I got very busy and more sore than my usual goaltending practices make me, but I am still here!"

CoreyCrawfordRobsLarsEllerToeSave.gif

It's tough being a rookie player, as it's such a short lived trip and in the end, you never know for sure where your next home will be. For a young goalie, it may be even more frustrating for the simple fact that the need for the position may not be as strong as most teams only have 2 or 3 goalies as opposed to the numbers of forwards and defenders that's needed. As most are, we're sure Blake Campbell is counting down the days til the draft which is likely scheduled to be sometime this coming Monday. 

"I am still very excited to see where I go and obviously I have a couple teams that are higher up on my destination list, but I will player anywhere. As I stated earlier, I want to be a starter but am fully willing to earn my stripes. I am always willing to discuss with team's management's my options and wishes and will always follow what they want. I'm a team first kind of guy and once I find a home, if it's the right fit, I wish to stay there my entire career and hopefully will be able to lift many cups with them. As for me slowing down, I am sorry for that but I got a little busy. I will always try my best to be my best and that's something you can also expect from myself".

Best of luck to my fellow draftee members in the upcoming draft, as well as to those who are drafting. Hopefully I will go to a team that will really help my player shine and prosper so that in return I can help my future organization do the same! Cheers guys!

723 words - 3 pics - :)

Edited by Banackock

Nice gifs, I see I've started a thing

I've been using them since I've joined and haven't ever read one of your articles. I've also used them in most ESS stuff on SHL (RIP btw). Pictures suck, gifs are better. Makes em look better imo. 

But for your sake and confidence, yes budd, I copied you.  :lol: :cheers:

I've been using them since I've joined and haven't ever read one of your articles. I've also used them in most ESS stuff on SHL (RIP btw). Pictures suck, gifs are better. Makes em look better imo. 

But for your sake and confidence, yes budd, I copied you.  :lol:  :cheers:

Don't act like anything you say or do effects me at all. I don't want you to have that satisfaction when it's a false satisfaction. It's like when your girlfriend faked her orgasm and you were all happy and shit and you find out later it wasn't real, than you get depressed. I don't want that to happen to you, so I'm telling you now.

Content: 3/3 - Strong article heading into the draft. I look forward to watching your career. Goalies are always a needed position in the VHL so if you remain active you will be an asset.

Grammar: 2/2 - Not too much, but try to watch the little things. This can be avoided with a quick proof-read.

"Although the Gladiators well short when it came" - the Gladiators WERE well short.

"numbers of forwards and defenders that's needed." - defenders that ARE needed.

"but I will player anywhere." - I will PLAY anywhere.

"I am always willing to discuss with team's management's my options and wishes and will always follow what they want." - not sure what you're trying to say here. Possible 'willing to discuss with team's management to go over my options' ? Other ways of saying this as well.

Appearance: 1/1 - GIFS all over. Me likey.

Overall: 6/6